Name: Wang Yifang
Birth: 28/6/1965, Beijing P. R. China
Major: Computer Software
1. Courses Studied:
Mathematical Analysis Introduction to Database System
Advanced Algebra Software Engineer
Mathematical Logic Computer Network*
Set Theory and Algebra Structure Computer Interactive Graphics
Graph Theory Digital Logic
Probability & Statistics Computer Architecture
Theoretical Computer Science Microcomputer Architecture
Introduction to Computing Computer Interface and Peripheral Devices
Data Structure Lab. of Digital Logic
Assembly Language Lab of PASCAL Programming
Compiler's Principle Lab. of Microcomputer
Operating System Lab. of Compiler Design
Unix & C English (Band 1~6)
2. Courses Learned by Myself
Combinational Mathematics the Science of Programming
Advanced Operating System Programming in FORTRAN
□ Fist prize in the national computer contest for non-professional students, 1989.
□ Practical Work Fellowship, 1992
□ Beijing University Fellowship, 1993.
□ Excellent Undergraduate Scholarship, 1994.
□ Privilege to enter the Graduate program at Beijing University, waived of the admission test, 1994.
4. Professional Experience
a. Course Project
* Operating System: developed a SPOOLING system on a virtual machine with a simplified instruction system. (MS DOS environment)
* Compiler Design: a practical PASCAL compiler developed on PC. (MS DOS environment)
* Database System: an insurance system with simplified functions on INFORMIX 5.0 (UNIX system).
b. DBMS testing of Cobase system, which is a research project conducted by the Database Research Group in my department.
* I am in charge of the white box testing of the log management subsystem.
c. Programming for G/S project, which is directed by Prof. Fang Yu, 1994.
* My share of the responsibility is to develop the user interface with Windows 3.1.
d. Unix (Chinese Version) testing, sponsored by the Institute of Software, Academia Sinica, 1994.
* My task is to test (black box test )the lib functions listed in the Unix manual.
e. I am now teaching Computer Architecture to part time students who are going to sit in the national computer qualification test to get their Associate's Degree.
□ Computer Club Committee member, 1991~1994.
□ English Club member, 1993.
□ Department Volleyball Team player, 1992.
□ Representative of the Student Union, Dept, of Computer Science, Beijing University, 1992.
7. Standard Tests
□ TOEFL: 653, Oct 1994(61/68/67).
□ GRE General: 2220, Oct 1994.(V: 720 97%, Q:790 96%, A:710 90%).
□ GRE Subject (Computer Science): 740, 83%, Oct, 1994.
8. My Motto
Liberty is not easy, but far better to be an unfettered fox, hungry and threatened on its hill, than a well-fed canary, safe and secure in its cage.
Room 203, Building 32